A Naturopath is a professionally trained, holistic care giver. Their approach to wellness is of the belief that the body can heal itself using these fundamental principles:
- Do no harm using methods and remedies that will minimise risk of harmful side effects.
- Treat the cause identify and remove the underlying cause of dis-ease rather than suppressing symptoms.
- Educating the person share knowledge of healthy diet and lifestyle and encourage the person to be responsible for their own health.
- Heal the person with an individual treatment plan designing a protocol especially for the person with consideration to their unique physical, mental, emotional, genetic, environmental and social factors that may be contributing to the issue.
- Prevention work with the person to assess risk factors with recommendation to maintain good health and avoid dis-ease.
- Support the bodyâs ability to heal itself to recognize and remove anything that may inhibit the vital force and the body as a natural healing process.
A Naturopath aims to treat the person not the disease without causing any harm. The body mind and emotions are supported during the healing process with the use of natural remedies such as herbs, supplements, diet, nutrition, exercise and some other gentle and natural therapeutic techniques along with simple understanding of what is going on in the body.
Naturopathic methods have been traced back as far as 80,000 years ago and herbal medicine has been recorded in most cultures around the globe, therefore it seems logical that this approach to good health is a normal.
Initially, a consultation may take about 1 hour where the Naturopath asks questions and performs some quick observations or tests. Sometimes, you may need to have further tests such as bloods, salivary or hair tissue mineral analysis. On the next appointment your personalized protocol is presented to you. Depending on the condition, will determine the number of appointments you require and the time it takes to heal.