General Health Wellness
If you answer yes to any of these questions, you may be suffering from a thyroid disorder.
- Intolerant of heat or cold
- Unexplained increased or decreased body weight
- Increased or decreased appetite, constipation or diarrhea
- Breathlessness, heart palpitations, high or low systolic read of blood pressure
- Irritable, restless, tired, poor memory, slow reflexes, depression
- Muscle wasting, joint or muscle pain
- Puffy or bulging eyes
- Deeper voice than normal
- Period pain, abnormal periods (long or short or none)
The Thyroid Gland is a master regulatory gland, controlling the growth and activity level of many tissues in the body. We may be familiar with the basic metabolic functions such as weight loss or weight gain, lethargy, increased appetite and restlessness associated with Thyroid. However, Thyroid dysfunction has other effects on the body. Thyroid hormones are responsible for controlling the metabolism of sugars and fats within the body and connected with the cardiovascular system.
It also regulates the kidney and gut function and is involved with the reproductive system.A very simple blood test and temperature chart can help determine the Thyroid activity and its production of hormones or it’s ability to convert them.
If you have any questions about the Thyroid and how Naturopathy can help, please don’t hesitate to contact us.